WHAT IF I AM NOT DOUBLE-VACCINATED?
Not (fully) vaccinated travellers from countries outside of the EU / Schengen, designated as ‘very high-risk’ (including the UK and US), need the following six things to travel to The Netherlands from 22nd September 2021:
2. HEALTH DECLARATION FORM: All travellers aged 13 or older who are flying from and to The Netherlands must carry a health declaration. Please click here for the instructions and documents.
3. NEGATIVE COVID TEST: To enter The Netherlands from a (very) high-risk area, a traveller needs either a negative PCR test result from less than 48 hours before departure or a negative antigen test result from less than 24 hours before.
4. LETTER OF INVITATION: There are travel restrictions for not (fully) vaccinated travellers from ‘very high-risk’ countries to The Netherlands (such as a travel ban and a quarantine obligation). If a traveller is not fully vaccinated, she/ he may qualify for a business travel exemption to these travel restrictions with a letter of invitation from RAI. Upon request of the traveller, FESPA will send a personal invitation letter as written by RAI.
5. DIPLOMATIC NOTE: To enter The Netherlands on the basis of business travel exemption, the traveller must have a diplomatic note issued by a Dutch embassy stating that he falls under an exemption to the entry ban.
6. QUARANTINE DECLARATION FORM: A traveller needs to complete a quarantine declaration form, which can be printed and must be taken during travelling. The instruction to the traveller is: please tick the box that indicates that you fall into an exemption category. In the exemption category box, the traveller can write “Significant contribution to Dutch economy” and in the supporting document box “Letter of invitation from a Dutch business.” Nothing else is required in section 2 or 3.
WHICH VACCINATIONS ARE EU APPROVED?
The vaccine you received must have been approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or be on the Emergency Use Listing of the World Health Organization (WHO).
This is currently the case for the following vaccines:
- Astra Zeneca EU (Vaxzevria)
- Astra Zeneca - Japan (Vaxzevria)
- Astra Zeneca - Australia (Vaxzevria)
- Astra Zeneca-SK Bio (Vaxzevria)
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine - United States of America
- Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty)
- Johnson & Johnson ((COVID-19 Vaccine) Janssen)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- Serum Institute of India (Covishield)
- Sinopharm BIBP
I HAVE BEEN VACCINATED WITH A VACCINE THAT HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED BY EMA
You cannot create proof of vaccination using the CoronaCheck app or website if you have been vaccinated with a non-approved vaccine. Int his case, you can only get a COVID Certificate with a negative test result or proof of recovery.